Last updated on October 10th, 2021 at 12:20 pm
In need of some travel inspiration? Then why not check out these 25 best Paris quotes & captions for your next Instagram posts!!
Oui, oui, Paris!
From movies, books to the famous writer, all the best quotes are here, a short yet inspiring list for anyone who fancies feeling about wanderlust about the French capital.
And guess what, those Paris quotes would also make great Instagram captions for Paris if you need a little help for your next post! I added some little extras at the end of the post with Paris quotes in French and some Paris puns!
I’ve been born and living in Paris for most of my life; I adore the city and its essence. ‘Cause you know no matter where in the world I am, you can take the girl out of Paris, but you can’t take Paris out the girl.
Besides, it’s just a great excuse whenever I complain, as that’s like the quintessence of being a Parisian.
I’m joking…ok… half-joking, we complain a lot.
So, of course, I feel like it’s only just normal to list up the 25 best quotes about Paris,
Also, make sure to check out those travel quotes for Instagram!
25 Best Paris Quotes & Captions for Instagram
SHORT QUOTES ABOUT PARIS
- “Paris is always a good idea” – Audrey Hepburn
Of course, we are starting with one of the most famous quotes about Paris from the one and only Audrey Hepburn. This quote put in perspective why you should visit Paris!
2. “When good Americans die, they go to Paris” – Oscar Wilde
3. ” Paris is the only city in the world where starving to death is still considered an art.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
4. “A bad day in Paris is still better than a good day anywhere else.”
5. ” In Paris, our lives are one masked ball” – Gaston Leroux
6. “The shopping, the food, the views! Paris is a city that entrances us all – and I’m no exception” – Michael Kors
And neither I am.
7. “She wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in Paris” Gustave Flaubert
8. ” An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris” Friedrich Nietzche
9. “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation” Gilbert Keith Chesterton
10. ” Cities have sexes: London is a man, Paris a woman and New York a well-adjusted transsexual” Angela Carter
11. “I’m not a complicated girl; she laughed, I just want to run away with you, rob a bank, fall in love and eat ice creams in Paris.” Michael Faudet
I couldn’t put up a list of the best Paris travel quotes without some being about love, right?
After all, Paris is famous for being the city of love, and I am sure some of you reading this can totally picture themselves having a romantic date in Paris!
12. “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty and in the point of Life” – Thomas Jefferson
13. “When spring comes to Paris the humblest mortal alive must feel that he dwells in paradise” – Henry Miller
Aaah, spring in Paris is certainly a great time to be alive; if you want to experience it for yourself, make sure to check out the best things to do in Paris in spring
14. “To know Paris is to know a great deal” – Henry Miller
15. ” Final reminder. Whenever you are in Paris at twilight in the early summer, return to the Seine and watch the evening sky close slowly on a last strand of daylight fading quietly, like a sigh.” -Kate Simon
One wise piece of advice.
16. ” The chief danger about Paris is that it is such a strong stimulant” – T.S. Eliot
17. “Breathe Paris in. It nourishes the soul” – Victor Hugo
18. ” To err is human. To loaf is Parisian” – Victor Hugo
19. ” “In Paris, they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” – Mark Twain
Hey psst! If you’d like to visit Paris in the future, then why not prepare yourself with those French phrases and words to know!
20. “Paris is like a whore. From a distance, she seems ravishing you can’t wait until you have her in your arms. And five minutes later you feel empty, disgusted with yourself. You feel tricked.” – Henry Miller
I think this quote is pretty fitting in the sense that many people idealise Paris; of course, I think Paris is an amazing city, but it can be far from the romantic image people depaint of it sometimes; hence, they are getting disappointed.
Leave your expectations at home and experience Paris fully as if you knew nothing about the French capital!
21. “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.” – Victor Hugo
22. “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant” – Honoré de Balzac
Paris is one of the fashion capital, so this makes sense. If you ever want to go shopping in Paris, make sure to check out those malls!
23. Paris is a place in which we can forget ourselves, reinvent, expunge the dead weight of our past” -Michael Simkins
24. “It is perfectly possible to be enamoured of Paris while remaining totally indifferent or even hostile to the French”. – James Baldwin
Aaah touché. Although I promise some of us are actually lovely?
25. “Paris was a universe whole and entire unto herself, hollowed and fashioned by history; so she seemed in this age of Napoleon III with her towering buildings, her massive cathedrals, her grand boulevards and ancient winding medieval streets – as vast and indestructible as nature itself.” -Anne Rice
One of my favourite quotes as I feel that it describes the city of light pretty well! Don’t you think?
Perfect to complete this list!
BONUS: PARIS QUOTES IN FRENCH!
There is something about french quotes that people finds romantic, so why not adds some Paris quotes in French in order to spice up a little your next Paris Instagram caption?
Here you go the best Paris quotes for Instagram in French! Soak in the Parisian vibes with those classy french quotes!
- “Paris n’est pas une ville, c’est un pays” – François Ier
- ” Mais Paris est un véritable océan. Jetez-y la sonde, vous n’en connaîtrez jamais la profondeur” – Honoré de Balzac
- “Paris est tout petit pour ceux qui s’aiment d’un aussi grand amour” – Jacques Prévert
- “On ne vit qu’à Paris, et l’on végète ailleurs.” – Jean-Louis Baptiste Gresset
- “Paris est la grand salle de lecture d’une bibliothèque que traverse la Seine” – Walter Benjamin
PARIS PUNS FOR INSTAGRAM
- What’s not to Louvre about Paris?
- Eiffel in love wiht Paris.
- I don’t give a Notre-Dame
- I hope our paths croissant again
- I found Paris-dise
- Just looking for a Seine
- Paris is a oui bit in Seine
- Going in Seine over Paris
- Paris give me the crêpes.
Alright, that’s a wrap on my 25 best Paris travel quotes (quotes, captions and puns about Paris to be more precise!); hopefully, those make you want to visit Paris even more or come back to fall in love all over again with this amazing European destination!
Tell me, which of these quotes about Paris are your favourites?
Hey, check out this related content to plan a perfect trip to Paris:
- Best Paris Travel Apps For Your Next Trip
- Tour Eiffel Instagram Captions
- Things To Know Before You Visit Paris
- Visiting Paris In Winter: Pros and Cons
- Day Trip From Paris: Fontainebleau Castle
- 50 Free Things To Do in Paris
- Things To Do In Paris On A Rainy Day
Like Me? Pin me!
25 Best Paris Travel Quotes & Captions for Instagram