Last updated on September 20th, 2023 at 06:04 am
Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands is a hot spot in Europe. Amsterdam is well known for its beautiful canals, quirky architecture, and historical attractions. Amsterdam is a must-visit if you decide to travel around Europe.
If you’re in need of some inspiration here are 30 amazing Amsterdam quotes that will make you want to visit Amsterdam even more or come back if you have already visited!
30 Amazing Amsterdam Quotes You Must Check Out
Venice of the North, Capital of the Netherlands Amsterdam is a beautiful city, there is no doubt you’ll be taking plenty of photos during your trip,
If you need some inspiration to build a short getaway itinerary to Amsterdam then make sure to check out my 3-day in Amsterdam post!
And if you love quotes and travel make sure to take a look at those perfect travel quotes for Instagram.
Short Amsterdam Quotes
1.“Amsterdam is like the rings of a tree: It gets older as you get closer to the centre.” –John Green
2. “This city is like no other city in the world. It is brilliant but it is bloated, and I’ve never called it home” – Jessie Burton
3. “Amsterdam has more than 150 canals and 1,250 bridges, but it never seems crowded, nor bent and bitter from fleecing the tourist.” -Julie Burchill
4. “In Europe, I always have fun bike riding in Amsterdam.” – Ezra Koenig
5. “I am a village boy, and Amsterdam for me was always the big town.”– Anton Corbijn
6. “In Amsterdam, the water is the mistress and the land the vassal.” – Félix Martí Ibáñez
7. “…the curious Dutch classification gedogen, which means ‘technically illegal but officially tolerated.” – Russell Shorto
8. “I love Amsterdam. The city is vibrant and alive. It’s fresh and so open. It’s definitely one of my favourite places.” – Stefon Harris
9. “Stand outside De Eland, on the Berenstraat Bridge over the Prinsengracht, and you see what real Amsterdam life is like.” – David Hewson
10. “In Amsterdam, the river and canals have been central to city life for the last four centuries.” – Janet Echelman
11. “Here people cycle with a reckless swagger, talking on the phone and eating breakfast.” – David Nicholls
12. “Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth, it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” – John Green
13. “Amsterdam is not Holland. It is a city that attracts people from all over Holland. And lots of international tourists and party people.” – Eddy de Clercq
14. “What’s special about Amsterdam is that the city is able to connect worlds that are not otherwise connected.” – Marcel Wanders
15. “Los Angeles is the ‘City of Angels’. Paris is the ‘City of Light’. And Amsterdam is the ‘City of Bikes’. And cheese. Never forget the cheese.” – Justine Jenkins
Perfect Amsterdam Captions and puns For Instagram
16. Happiness is holding tickets that say Amsterdam!
17. AMS = absolutely magical streets
18. Gram the dam
19. Goedemorgen Amsterdam
21. Do you like windmills? Because the Dutch are big fans
22. I didn’t strut through Amsterdam. I stroop-waffled along
23. Do you think our tu-lips should kiss? Methinks yes
24. Hands up if you’ve fallen in love with Amsterdam
25. Do it for the Amstergram!
famous quotes about Amsterdam
26. “I think Amsterdam is to Holland what New York is to America in a sense. It’s a metropolis, so it’s representative of Holland, but only a part of it – you know, it’s more extreme, there’s more happening, it’s more liberal and more daring than the countryside in Holland is.” – Anton Corbijn
27. “In a city like London, the fact that cultures live together and cross-fertilize is a beautiful and natural thing. The many cultures in Amsterdam contributed to the city’s high level of craziness – something which every interesting city should offer. But sometimes immigrants can live in parallel worlds which can exclude others and not be very attractive.” – Charles Landry
28. “My experience in Amsterdam is that cyclists ride where the hell they like and aim in a state of rage at all pedestrians while ringing their bell loudly, the concept of avoiding people being foreign to them.” – Terry Pratchett
29.“Amsterdam is a breeding ground for new creative pursuits in many areas fuelled by a tolerance and openness to ideas, unlike any other city I’ve been to. There is something for everyone here, especially when you dare to go off the beaten path.” – Marcel Wanders
30. “Amsterdam was a great surprise to me. I had always thought of Venice as the city of canals; it had never entered my mind that I should find similar conditions in a Dutch town.” – James Weldon Johnson
Did you enjoy this post? Make sure to share on Pinterest!
30 Amazing Amsterdam Quotes You Need To Know.
✈ Best Travel Ressources To Plan Your Next Trip
If you need help planning your next trip, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered! Here are my favourite websites and apps to plan a trip!
✈ How To Find Flights?
My favourite website to book flights is Skyscanner; it is a good comparator for finding the cheapest flights.
Google Flight is also a good help when it comes to comparing flights.
✈ Where To Book Accommodations?
The best sites to book accommodations are Booking.com or Expedia. They both allow you to collect points for a discount; it’s worth comparing the two as they often have different pricing for the same hotels.
Another perk about Booking.com and Expedia is that you can get bundle deals for flights and accommodations, which can sometimes help you save a lot of money. And don’t worry; you can also select to add accommodation for only a specific part of the trip if you’re not only staying in one place.
✈ Best Sites To Book Activities
My go-to website when I need to book an activity is GetYourGuide when I can’t get a ticket directly on the website or if it’s easier to go through them.
I always check if the price is the same, though, as the whole point is for it to be easier but not more expensive.
If I don’t find the activity I want on GetYourGuide, I like to check Viator for more options!
You can also check out Klook if you need to book more than just activities and would like to get everything from the same website—(i.e. transport cards, car rental, hotel…).
✈ Other helpful travel resources
– Radical Storage: If you need a place to keep your luggage for an extended period when you travel, I recommend using them. It was a great help when we needed a place to keep our luggage safely while we left the city for a few days.
– TheTrainline: If you love to travel by train like me, then TheTrainline needs to be your go-to website for train travel in Europe. It is very reliant and easy to use.
Disclaimer: this resources box contains affiliate links, which means I earn a little commission if you book anything through my links at no additional cost. They help me support the blog and generate more content. Happy travels!
- Magical Christmas Markets In Zagreb: Zagreb Advent Guide 2023 - 21/11/2023
- 20 Great Champs Elysées Instagram Captions And Quotes - 09/11/2023
- 30 Big Ben Captions For Instagram & Quotes, London - 02/11/2023