Last updated on September 20th, 2023 at 06:13 am
In need of some travel inspirations and some wanderlust to daydream about New York? Then check out those 50 inspirational quotes about New York City!
New York is a city full of surprises where you can’t catch a break; there is always something happening, from the broadway shows, the museums and the beautiful foods. There is a lot to dream about in New York!
Those quotes about New York will make you want to jump on a plane straight away!
50 Inspirational Quotes About New-York City, U.S.A
Alright, let’s jump straight into the good stuff because there are a lot of beautiful quotes about New York City, so you’ll for sure find a quote that suits what’s your looking for, could be just inspiration for your next trip or to use as an Instagram caption for your next post!
- “The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world” F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
2. “New York may be the city that never sleeps, but it sure does sleep around.” Brian Bendis
3. “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years”. Tom Wolfe
4. “My favorite thing about New-York is the people because I think they’re misunderstood. I don’t think people realize how kind New York people are.” Bill Murray
5. ” I believe in New Yorkers. Whether they’ve ever questioned the dream in which they live, I wouldn’t know, because I won’t ever dare ask that question.” Dylan Thomas
6. “Make your mark in New York and you are a made man.” Mark Twain
7. “The glamour of it all! New York! America!” Charlie Chaplin
8. ” There is something in New York air that makes sleep useless” Simone Beauvoir
9. “A middle finger is more New York than a corporate ambush. I bleed for my hometown, and I’d die for my fans.” Lady Gaga
10. ” London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful. Always it believes that something good is about to come off, and it must hurry to meet it.” Dorothy Parker
11. ” When I’m in New York, I just want to walk down the street and feel this thing, like I’m in a movie” Ryan Adams
12. “People go to LA to “find themselves”, they come to New York to become someone new” Lindsey Kelk
13. “You can do what you like, sir, but I’ll tell you this. New York is the true capital of America. Every New Yorker knows it, and by God, we always shall.” Edward Rutherfurd
14.”I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York’s skyline” Ayn Rand
15. “Practically everybody in New York has half a mind to write a book — and does“Groucho marx
16. “I went to New York to be born again” Kurt Vonnegurt
17. “A hundred times have I thought New York is a catastrophe and fifty times: it is a beautiful catastrophe” Le Corbusier
18. “A true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding” John Updike
19. “New York was a city where you could be frozen to death in the midst of a busy street and nobody would notice.” Bob Dylan, Chronicles: Volume One
20. “You haven’t lived until you died in New York.” Alexander Woollcott
21. “New York is made up of millions of different people, and they all come here looking for something” Lindsey Kelk
22. “When you leave New York, you are astonished at how clean the rest of the world is. Clean is not enough” Fran Lebowitz
23. “Sometimes I feel like my only friend, is the city I live in, is beautiful Brooklyn.” Mos Def
24. “That’s my favorite place in the world, so far, that I’ve seen. I haven’t travelled much, but I don’t think I’ll find anything to replace Brooklyn.” Marilyn Monroe
25. “If I’d lived in Roman times, I’d have lived in Rome. Where else? Today America is the Roman Empire and New York is Rome itself.” John Lennon
26. “There is more sophistication and less sense in New York than anywhere else on the globe.” Elbert Hubbard
27. “Pull up the shades so I can see New York. I don’t want to go home in the dark.” O. Henry
28. “When you leave New York you ain’t going anywhere.” Jimmy Breslin
29. “New York, like London, seems to be a cloacina [toilet] of all the depravities of human nature.” Thomas Jefferson
30. “I get out of the taxi and it’s probably the only city which in reality looks better than on the postcards, New York”Milos Forman
And while you’re here, you should also check out my 20 photos to inspire you to choose NYC as your next destination!
31. “If London is a watercolor, New York is an oil painting.” Peter Shaffer
32. “In Rome I am weighted down by a lack of momentum, the inertia of a spent civilization. In New York I feel plugged into a strong alternating current of hope and despair.” Ted Morgan
33. “New York is the only real city-city.” Truman Capote
34. “I believe in New Yorkers. Whether they’ve ever questioned the dream in which they live, I wouldn’t know, because I won’t ever dare ask that question.” Dylan Thomas
35. “Sometimes, from beyond the skyscrapers, the cry of a tugboat finds you in your insomnia, and you remember that this desert of iron and cement is an island.” Albert Camus
36. “It is often said that New York is a city for only the very rich and the very poor. It is less often said that New York is also, at least for those of us who came there from somewhere else, a city for only the very young” Joan Didion
37.”New York provides not only a continuing excitation but also a spectacle that is continuing.” E.B White
38. ” For me, New York is comfortable, not strange.” Karl Lagerfeld
39. “I wake up every morning and say to myself, ‘Well, I’m still in New York. Thank you, God‘ ” Ed Koch
40. “I go to Paris, I go to London, I go to Rome, and I always say, “There’s no place like New York. It’s the most exciting city in the world now. That’s the way it is. That’s it.” Robert De Niro
If you’re a quote lover just like me, why not check those 60 amazing travel quotes for some more travel inspiration?
41. “Every true New Yorker believes with all his heart that when a New Yorker is tired of New York, he is tired of life.” Robert Moses
42. “As for New York City, it is a place apart. There is not its match in any other country in the world.” Pearl S. Buck
43. “Everybody ought to have a lower East Side in their life.” Irving Berlin
44. “New York City is where specks of dust aspire randomly with all their cunning to become grains of sand.” David B. Lent
45. “New York is appalling, fantastically charmless and elaborately dire.” Henry James
46. “If man can live in Manhattan, he can live anywhere.” Arthur C. Clarke
47. “New York is a diamond iceberg floating in river water.” Truman Capote
48. “I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance.” Nora Ephron
49. “Living in California adds ten years to a man’s life. And those extra ten years I’d like to spent in New York.” Harry Ruby
50. “One can’t paint New York as it is, but rather as it is felt” Georgia O’Keeffe
Voila! That’s a wrap on my 50 inspirational quotes about New York City; I hope they inspire you to visit New York when you decide to travel next!
Let me know your favourite quotes about New York City in the comments!
LIKE IT? PIN IT!
50 Inspirational Quotes About New-York City
✈ Best Travel Ressources To Plan Your Next Trip
If you need help planning your next trip, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered! Here are my favourite websites and apps to plan a trip!
✈ How To Find Flights?
My favourite website to book flights is Skyscanner; it is a good comparator for finding the cheapest flights.
Google Flight is also a good help when it comes to comparing flights.
✈ Where To Book Accommodations?
The best sites to book accommodations are Booking.com or Expedia. They both allow you to collect points for a discount; it’s worth comparing the two as they often have different pricing for the same hotels.
Another perk about Booking.com and Expedia is that you can get bundle deals for flights and accommodations, which can sometimes help you save a lot of money. And don’t worry; you can also select to add accommodation for only a specific part of the trip if you’re not only staying in one place.
✈ Best Sites To Book Activities
My go-to website when I need to book an activity is GetYourGuide when I can’t get a ticket directly on the website or if it’s easier to go through them.
I always check if the price is the same, though, as the whole point is for it to be easier but not more expensive.
If I don’t find the activity I want on GetYourGuide, I like to check Viator for more options!
You can also check out Klook if you need to book more than just activities and would like to get everything from the same website—(i.e. transport cards, car rental, hotel…).
✈ Other helpful travel resources
– Radical Storage: If you need a place to keep your luggage for an extended period when you travel, I recommend using them. It was a great help when we needed a place to keep our luggage safely while we left the city for a few days.
– TheTrainline: If you love to travel by train like me, then TheTrainline needs to be your go-to website for train travel in Europe. It is very reliant and easy to use.
Disclaimer: this resources box contains affiliate links, which means I earn a little commission if you book anything through my links at no additional cost. They help me support the blog and generate more content. Happy travels!
- Magical Christmas Markets In Zagreb: Zagreb Advent Guide 2023 - 21/11/2023
- 20 Great Champs Elysées Instagram Captions And Quotes - 09/11/2023
- 30 Big Ben Captions For Instagram & Quotes, London - 02/11/2023