Last updated on August 8th, 2022 at 02:16 pm
Every year the Palace of Versailles is visited by millions of people, this iconic French landmark is known all around the world for its history and luxurious design and architecture. It is without a doubt one of the best day trips to take from Paris and a must-do when you visit Paris.
Of course, a place filled with centuries of history has been a major hence why they are so many beautiful quotes about Versailles Palace.
Those quotes describe Versailles’ Palace perfectly throughout its history and every major event that happened there. They are also very beautiful to read and enjoy or to use as captions for your Instagram posts (Versailles quotes for Instagram!) or inside your travel journal to captions of your memories of the visit.
Best Quotes About The Palace Of Versailles, France
Built-in 1634 the Palace of Versailles is without a doubt one of the greatest achievements in 17th-century art and it has been listed as a World Heritage Site for 40 years now. Well known for its over the top opulence it is a pleasure to explore the palace and its ground.
Those quotes and famous sayings about Versailles will transport you straight up to the Palace of Versailles
Captions about Versailles Palace For Instagram
“It was like the first time I visited Versailles. There was an eerieness, like I’d been there before. I don’t know if I was Louis XIV or Marie Antoinette or a lowly groundskeeper, but I lived there.”Maurice Minnifield
2. “Each age, each guilty age, builds high walls around its Versailles; and personally I hate those walls most when they are made by literature and art.” – John Fowles
3 ” Magnus believed that many old things were creations of enduring beauty. The pyramids. Michelangelo’s David. Versailles. Magnus himself.” – Cassandra Clare
4. “Versailles was a gulf into which the labor of France poured its earnings; and it was never full. “- Author: Francis Parkman
5. ” One of the many pleasures of ‘Versailles‘ is the way in which it seems to emanate not only from the vexed inner being of Marie Antoinette but from the interstices between what we imagine of her and what she was.” – Stacey D’Erasmo
6. “It is hard to imagine Andre Le Notre laying out the exquisite landscape designs for Vaux-le-Vicomte, and later the magnificent Chateau de Versailles, with no high hill to stand on, no helicopter to fly in, and no drone to show him the complexities of the terrain. Yet he did, and with extreme precision, accuracy, and high style.” – Martha Stewart
7. “Dreams weigh nothing.” – Marie Antoinette – Kathryn Lasky
This Marie-Antoinette quotes is pulled out from a movie.
8. “I’ll never forget how the gray October light reflected off the glass and filled the space with a weight that didn’t seem to befit the room. I knew that the Treaty of Versailles was signed in that mirrored hallway, and with that gray light, it seemed as though the World War I era was still ensconced in there.” – Krista Marson
9. “To walk into the hall of mirrors of Versailles as Louis XIV and deliver a monologue on your own in an empty hall of mirrors is like no other experience.” – George Blagden
10. ” I’d always been extremely fascinated by the French Nuit Blanche, which is a weekend that they have in Paris where they keep all the museums open until dawn. You can go and hang out in Versailles in the middle of the night and watch the sun come up. ” – Anna Wintour
If you enjoy quotes about landmarks then you must check out those 30 quotes about the Eiffel Tower.
11. ” Courtly manners are contagious; they are caught at Versailles. ” Jean De La Bruyere
12. “I’m interested in power. I’m interested in the kind of polarities and equilibriums that take place within sexuality and philosophy and sociology. So in Versailles, in this type of setting, you have a place that is about absolute control, where everything has been thought about.” – Jeff Koons
“It’s not a palace, it’s an entire city. Superb in its size, superb in its matter.”Charles Perrault
And it’s a wrap on the best quotes about Versailles Palace, they illustrate the history of this iconic palace and describe very well its astonishing architecture and design.
If you haven’t visited Versailles’ Palace yet, or, as we say in French “Le chateau de Versailles” I hope those quotes about Versailles made you want to plan a visit to discover with your own eyes the beauty of this landmark.
If you’d like to enjoy more Paris and travel content daily make sure to follow my Instagram @ Cpt_Lyne!
Check out those related Paris Travel Guide to plan a great vacation in the French capital:
- 50 Free things to do and see in Paris, France
- Best Things to do in Paris In Spring
- Scams To Be Aware of When You Visit Paris
- 10 Things To Know Before You Visit Paris
- Paris in Winter travel guide: Pros and cons
- Day Trip To Giverny: Monet’s Garden & House