Last year I went to DisneyLand Tokyo. This was one of the thing I was probably the most thrilled about, I mean I absolutely LOVE Disney. I have a annual pass so I can go as much as I want but hey, DisneyLand Tokyo, what was that ?
You can easily buy ticket at the Disney Store in Shibuya. Or on the internet to avoid the queue at the entrance. The Disney Store in Shibuya is also probably one of the cutest Disney store I ever seen, at least comparing to the one we have in Paris.
Journey wise, transports in Tokyo being absolutely incredible it was pretty easy for us to get from our hotel in Meguro to Maihama. You can see several itinerary on the official website. Though Disney being a popular destination if you’re going during the summer it might be a little crowded in the train.
The outside of the park is totally as awesome as the one in Paris, if not more in some ways. Since there’s a little walk from Maihama Station to the entrance you can find along the way near a store a lot of decorations, which are pretty awesome.
You can find most of the main characters in Paris such as, Mickey, Minie some of the princesses, walking around the park. At Tokyo DisneyLand I found the variety of characters much more INTERESTING and various. I never ever saw Bernard from Bernard and Bianca in Paris nor Pinocchio and noneless side characters as the fox.
This was a huge plus. Tokyo DisneyLand is mostly about the visual. So, the props, the animation and the decors are the main focus. I mean that’s the case in every Disney around the world, obviously, BUT you actually also wait to have some thrill on the rollercoaster. Well, that wasn’t the case here. Space mountain was fairly…dull to me.
And the queues are MASSIVE the amount of people flooding through the park is litteraly scary to be honest, sure it was summer, but everything was so crowded, and most of the queues topped to nearly 2h wait. This is crazy.
We only managed to do 4 attractions in 7h/8h which is nothing.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR JOURNEY :
- Schedule your day – The earlier it starts the better. This way you can avoid the mass. DisneyLand isn’t obviously something you can fully do in one day so if you really want to see and do EVERYTHING. And as I write above, buy you tickets before it will save you a lot of time.
- Check what ride you want to do.Do the most famous ride early in the morning and take advantages of fastpass.
- Pack your lunch before hand. You can obvisouly also eat at the restaurants in the park, but then again be ready to queue, a lot.
- Don’t stress it out. It’s crowded, it’s stressing, it’s tiring. But you don’t have to rush all the day between attractions organise yourself well and take time to enjoy, there’s plenty of awesome decors to look at in the park. Enjoy !
MAIN DIFFERENCIES BETWEEN DISNEYLAND TOKYO AND DISNEYLAND PARIS :
- Castles aren’t the same, here we have Sleeping Beauty Castle while in Tokyo it’s Cinderella’s castle.
- Rollercoasters doesn’t give you as much adrenaline in Tokyo, which makes them seems a little dull to me
- The stores in the Tokyo one are AWESOME. The choices are wide, the designs of the shirts feels much more unique. This is a huge thumb up.
- Toon town ! This is something I particularly enjoyed and I wish we had it in Paris.
Have you ever been to DisneyLand Tokyo/ Paris or Florida ? What did you think about it ? Let me know !